Rust control on machine tables

Page 2 of 2
Pat Barber wrote:

An underrated and inexpensive shop cleaning material and lubricant.
Thanks to all. I haven't used Boeshield because it's not available locally. I'll leave this on until I can get it, though. Thanks, C

We use canning wax, just rub the block on the the iron.
C & E wrote:

We have cold wet winters and hot dry summers. So my cast iron stuff is in a shop that's unheated much of the time. Perfect conditions for condensation.
When I set up this shop about 15 years ago, I used paste wax about once every month or two. Then every quarter, and finally once a year. So far no rust. I think there is a cumulative effect.
-- It's turtles, all the way down

snip.
I have used automatic transmission fluid mixed with about 25% kerosene with good results, then a bit of paste wax from time to time.
Barry Lennox