Russian woodworking designs

Does anybody have any idea, aid, or direction on finding information on Russian woodworking designs? I am going to be an uncle soon (via adoption) and would like to build something of Russian hertiage like toybox, jewerly box or anything of that nature. Thanks for all your help in advance!
michael

See if you can find out what ethnicity the birth parents were before you start anything. Central Asian art is completely different from the Baltic and probably different from the Siberian area too. A friend just adopted a cute little girl from Vladivostok (in December!!!).
--
I can find no modern furniture that is as well designed and emotionally
satisfying as that made by the Arts and Crafts movement in the early years

Why Russian? Take something of _your_ design.
"V Tulu so svoim samovarom ne ezdyat." Sums it up. One does not take their own samovar to Tula - where the finest were made. Equivalent of coal and Newcastle.
Mike wrote:

Check out www.hermitagemuseum.org
If that's not helpful, just run a google search on Russian toyboxes, etc.