Rush and Relapse.

Page 1 of 4
I think I might have been dead on last month when I predicted Rush would sink back into his addiction quickly. Notice he has had "guest hosts" for the last couple of weeks. I tuned in one day before he left and he sounded very high. I hope I'm wrong but chances are that I'm right.
God Bless, Al Kyder
No, he was on the air live last week, even Christmas eve. He has been off this week, as has 90% of regular hosts on radio and cable news networks all over the country. Does this mean that 90% of journalists are on drugs?
--
SikOfLibs

"Al Kyder" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

all
Given how easily they swallow dubya's lies, I'd say so! Oh, and Rush is a junkie.

off
So? Who gives a rats ass what that bozo says any way?

off
Well, they certainly had the practice!....
http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php
In something slightly unrelated, if Clinton dodged the Vietnam draft, a whole host of Repugs dodged drafts too, and for stupider and/or worse reasons then Clinton ever did. They're all here: www.chickenhawkcards.com.

networks

www.chickenhawkcards.com.
Doesn't "dodging" imply illegality? I don't think any of them, Clinton included, did anything illegal to avoid the draft. I could be wrong.
Erasmus writes:

You're probably correct. Bush was over the hill on his ANG tour for 14 months, but hey, what the hell. Daddy ran the CIA about that time, so he was covered.
Charlie Self "I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house." Zsa Zsa Gabor
"Charlie Self" .

tour for 14 months,

he was covered.

Not quite.... Papa Bush ran the CIA in 1976 or well after Bush Jr. was completely out of the ANG. Incidentally in 1972-73 when Bush Jr. was considered "absent" Vietnam was winding down with the cease-fire finally signed in 1973....one might easily surmise that the reserve manpower requirements countrywide had shrunk drastically as our troops over there had shrunk from 500,000 plus to next to nil by 1973....In other words there were lots of reservists just marking time until their enlistment requirements were up. Soggy
Soggy responds:

Ah. OK. I forgot. He was second in command at that time.

You know, that's not really reassuring. If I had gone over the hill for a couple months in peacetime, I'd have had a BCD and probably a couple years brig time. But, hell, my daddy was an auto mechanic. Bush, 14 months over the hill and no one noticed.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

Ah, Charlie, you might want to re-think that. 1976 was the last year of the FORD administration, just before Jimmy Peanuts took over. Bush Sr was a part of the Nixon administration and later the Ford administration, but as ambassador to the UN, ambassador to China, and later as CIA director. It wasn't until 1980 when Bush Sr. became VP under Reagan. In 72/73, Bush was barely considered a minor functionary in the adminstration, not many people would view him as having enough strings to make charges disappear -- especially in an adminstration that was beset by the problems the Nixon adminstration was experiencing in 1972 and 1973. If Bush Sr had tried pulling strings to get his son off, don't you have just a little suspicion that the mainstream press would have added that to the allegations already surrounding the administration? Given the all-out witch hunts in progress at the time, somebody, somewhere would have "leaked" that to the press as well.

Frankly, there's not enough evidence here to even make assumptions regarding what really happened. Given the Democrat nature of most of Texas, (you have heard of Ann Richards, Jim Wright, and people like Molly Ivins (sp?)) -- I suspect that they and their ilk would have taken great delight in reporting the misdeeds of the son of a Republican admininstration official were the story to have had any legs, especially back in the 70's. Very likely, the previous poster's assertions were closest to the mark -- it benefited the ANG not to have various people report in order to save budgetary dollars. This would be especially true of pilots because of the costs of flight-hours.
Mark & Juanita writes:

Might have happened. Might not, too. I think that unfortunately there's a lot of daily string-pulling we don't hear about in what are considered diddly little deals---like the earlier poster's point that Shrub was over the hill as the war was winding down, so it doesn't matter if he didn't show up for duty. And there's also the possibility that he got slack just because of who daddy was, not because of what daddy did.
Nobody manages to refute the facts that at that time the National Guard, air or not, was a hiding place for draft avoiders and that he was over the hill.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:42:21 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

George Magazine did an article refuting the over the hill allegation.
-Doug
Doug Winterburn writes:

Really. I've read take-outs from unit records that enforce it.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:34:09 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

They referenced military records that refute it.
-Doug
What about Al Gore serving 3 months in Nam as a base newspaper photographer untill his senator daddy got him an early out??

Dave writes:

From what I heard, it was 3 months as a newspaper writer, but, then, he DID get there, even if he didn't get into any action. If his old man was so determined to use influence, he'd never have left the States, at least not in that direction.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
(Charlie Self) wrote:

OTOH, that's about what might be expected, if the old man wanted to use his influence while *appearing* not to. Gore *Junior* isn't smart enough to think of that, but Gore *Senior* might've been.

Possible, maybe even probable. Rumors abound about various people: first time I ever heard of Pat Robertson was in a discussion with some other Marines, who claimed he'd been on a troopship headed for Korea, but got sidetracked to Japan through daddy's influence. True? Dunno, but I'd like to believe it.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Robertson sued a former congressman and Korean War Marine named McCloskey(sp?) and ended up having the suit dismissed with prejudice and had to pay McCloskey's attorneys' fees. Robertson was found to have lied on TV to his "ministry" about his Korean War "combat" experience.
"President" Bush got into the Guard the year I enlisted in the Army: 1968. High school and college grads of that year may remember: LBJ forbade the military from calling up new Guard and Reserve units for service in Vietnam and the "ticket window" was slammed shut in front of an 18-month long waiting line. Bush's congressman father "got" him in through the former Speaker of the House of Texas (Barnes?), who went public before he died. Various ANG officers have also spilled the beans.
He cheated to "skip" the "party" 9.2 million others of us honorably "attended."
His dishonor is somewhat compounded by his father's and the CIA's assassination of JFK to put us there and the recent 9-11 "Tonkin Gulf Hoax/Reichstag Fire."
Gee, what happened to the 125' wingspan outside the 30' hole in the Pentagon? And no seats, baggage, fuselage, personal effects, or bodies either? Hmmm. And a 757's tail is 40' high...two-thirds the height of the Pentagon's outer wall??? "New" Physics?