Runny TiteBond III vs II (with pictures)

I inverted my new bottle of TBIII (manufactured sometime this year) and it seems to be a little thicker than before. Still not as thick as the 2014 bottle of TBII, but I need the open time so I'm going to hang on to it.

I did do a quick test of the TBIII. I glued a ripped edge of a scrape to the face of another and let it dry overnight. The result of the hammer blow follows...

There a bit of cheat involved here. The scrap that I used had some dry rot on one side. The crack started at the rot and then continued along the grain line. I'm sure the rot weakened the wood somewhat, but it still took a pretty good hit to get it to crack. I probably should have hit it from the other side.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On 08/13/2016 4:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

I don't think there's anything wrong with it performance-wise, I'm still amazed how much reconstitution seemed to occur in the jug here simply from the inversion overnight. I've not gone back to look after it's sat again a few days now...

While it's surely a pit*proverbial*a*ppendage* to actually stir in any of the containers, it'd seem that should be the "gar-on-teed" way to extend the useful life...

I'd gone thru an previous gallon during the barn project, but that went back 15 yr ago or so and apparently it was used quickly enough so never saw the symptoms before mentioned here to go check the now-getting-dated current...

Reply to
dpb

Looks like the glue did its job.

Reply to