RUBBER BAND GUN

http://members.cox.net/lvrbgun/rbguns.html
Boy howdy, that's a lot more fancy, and one Hell of a lot more complicated than the ones we made when I was a kid.
We used a chunk of wood maybe 2-3 inches wide, maybe 1/2-3/4 inch thick, and anywhere from about 6 inches to about a foot long. In other words, anything we could find. A nail about 2-3 inches from one end, sticking out an inch or so - that was the "trigger". Then 2 or 3 tire tube rubber bands held the clothes pinin place. You opened the clothes pin to clamp one end of an inner tube rubber band, then looped the other end around the "front" of the gun. To shoot, you squeezed the "trigger" and opened the clothes pin enough to releast the rubber band. Don't run with one of these, you'll put your eye out. LOL
We used to make darts, using a corncob with 3 feathers stuck in one end, and a nail, with the sharp end pointing out, in the other end. These were perfectly safe. And, would stick in the side of the corn crib very nicely.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?. - Granny Weatherwax

I as a youngster made rubber band machine guns. Attached a string on top of the board and made several notches for bands. String was laid down in the notches and bands loaded. Lift slowly and you had a single shot, lift fast and you had a machine gun.
J T wrote:

Here's a set of plans for a rubber band Gatling gun. Takes about three bucks' worth of pine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 68964692
If you have $400, here's the ultimate rubber band machine gun:
http://www.backyardartillery.com/machinegun /
Yah, that Rubber Band Gatling Gun is something else, at $395, it should be. Our whole group won't have been able to come up with that kind of jack. As someone else said, ours was made entirely from scrap, free. Some of us had ones with double or even triple triggers. Great times. I am surprised that the PC Police would allow anyone to have anything of this nature now. Can't even play TAG!
Walt Conner

Now I have to build me one of these! Muhahaha! That is too funny! Nice work!