Rubbed Varnish

I want to put a beautiful finish on an oak living room table. Thought I'd try a rubbed finish, but being my first time I need your advice here.
Ed
Ed's Stuff wrote:

Advice about what? Do it or not? How to do it?
--
dadiOH

Hi Here is an interesting site about finishing furniture
http://www.swingpaints.com/forum.asp
Ed