Roy Underhill injured again.

You know, I just had to come back to this post. It's 5 minutes since I first read it and I'm still laughing. Thanks!

Reply to
lwasserm

Hardhats are in order if he ever conducts a "turkey drop".

Reply to
Kevin Craig

replying to Leon, Joshua A. Lund wrote: I'm the same it's a family joke that every time you see me I'll have a new scar I'm proud of then each tells a lesson or memory like a photo I love my scars

Reply to
Joshua A. Lund

Reply to
DerbyDad03

How many decades back was that comment?

Reply to
Leon

Roy himself jokes about it... His Y2K Tool Kit was in fact a small first aid kit. The contents include aspirin, alcohol wipes, iodine ointment, adhesive bandages... I just checked and all the contents in mine are out of date... ;~)

I reposted some photos to ABPW... did it back in 2005 but they are probably long gone!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Looks awfully clean, no open packages, no blood anywhere.

My in-shop first aid kit consists of a roll of paper towels and a needle to remove splinters.... and some beers in the frig.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

This first-aid kit resides inside a hand-cut dovetailed box along with things like a Norm Abram autographed biscuit, L-N balsa wood glider, and other oddities I've acquired over the years... I knew Roy at Colonial Williamsburg when I worked there in the mid-80s and have encountered him occasionally over the years. For example, he participated in my club's woodworking show and also did a special program with us. He is fun to be around... funny but serious about what he is doing. The Y2K Tool Kit is a nice reminder of good times.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Beer anywhere around sharp, spinning, machinery isn't a good idea. No beer, for me, anytime. Paper towels aren't going to cut it in my shop, anyway - more like a selection of tourniquets (blood thinners). ;-)

Reply to
krw

He has that. Pedal operated, shuts down promptly when blade touches flesh...

Reply to
whit3rd

An autographed Norm Abram biscuit is the best thing I've heard in a long time.

Reply to
Michael

I posted a photo to ABPW... It was clearly done as a tongue in check thing by Norm and his people... ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

On a whim, I grabbed all headers for the group via Easynews and got fills back to August 2008. My archive on this computer goes back to 2004, but I did not save everything. I don't have your Y2K posts from 2005, but did save your series of veneering posts. While going through the posts I found lots of names sorely missed in the group today.

Somewhere in the house on one of my old backup drives I have files from as far back as 1997, perhaps even 1996, but it would take a lot of digging to find them. I might have your Y2K backed up there.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy