Roy Did A Chessboard/Box

Watched Roy's show today where he did a very nice chessboard/box. Some neat plane work, making molding for the sides. His fingers still look like he's done some serious injuries in the past to them. Today's work appeared to be of a bit higher quality than usual - but as I am always happy to say, I think if he has the time he can do quite good work, certainly much better than the time constraints of his show normally allow. I hope one day I get the opportunity to see him work in person. I'd like to meet him too, but just having the opportunity to watch him work would be accaptable.
And, yeah, I still like Norm, but not Bob.
JOAT Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.

Is this the chessboard that I posted last week with the Neander vs. Normite chess pieces?
John
Sun, Aug 13, 2006, 2:25am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.earthlink.net (JohnGrossbohlin) doth query: Is this the chessboard that I posted last week with the Neander vs. Normite chess pieces?
Dunno. When I checked, no post from you, just responses.
JOAT Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.
(John Grossbohlin) doth query: Is this the chessboard that I posted last week with the Neander vs. Normite chess pieces?
Dunno. When I checked, no post from you, just responses.
I'll repost to ABPW... I'm curious to know if Roy had done more than one chessboard on his show.
John
Sun, Aug 13, 2006, 1:15pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.earthlink.net (JohnGrossbohlin) doth query: I'll repost to ABPW... I'm curious to know if Roy had done more than one chessboard on his show.
Dunno, the one he had on the Saturday show was already made and pretty much looked like that, but he made some neat molding to go on the sides. He didn't show how he'd made the box, but did show how the squares were made - glued blocks together - I'd have thought strips of wood, but he used blocks instead.
JOAT Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.

Which Bob is that? There are several.
Pete
Sun, Aug 13, 2006, 5:08pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@mts.net doth question: Which Bob is that? There are several.
You're joking, right? Here, in this reference, there's only ONE Bob.
Villa.
JOAT Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.