routing rail & stile doors

I'm going to need a set of glass doors with rail & stile construction. Material is 4/4 red oak. Several questions come to mind, having never used a router bit to make these before.
I have a Jesada rail/stile bit -adjusts up/down for the cut(s). It has an ogee edge profile.
Question: Can I make the cuts in one pass?
Question: Is there a formula for calculating the length of the initial cuts to produce a specific size door?
Thanx,
Vic Baron
--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Vic Baron wrote:

I usually make the cuts in one pass. Route across the grain first. Use a backer board when doing this to reduce tear out.
The stiles are cut to the height of the door. For the rails, you have to allow for the tenon.
Desired door width - (stile width x 2) + (rail tenon length x 2) Initial rail length.
It sounds as if you have Jesada's "Combination Rail & Stile Bit". See Jesada's instructions for this bit at:
http://www.jesada.com/instructions/combo_rail_stile.html
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Thanx, Jack! That's exactly what I needed.
Have a great day,
Vic