routers or chisels

which do u guys prefer...

thanks

Reply to
Mike Henley

Mike Henley asks:

I've always had trouble getting chisels to work when making molding.

Your question as presented is meaningless.

Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Charlie Self

Yes

Reply to
D. Mo

If I'm breaking up a big chunk of ice for the beer cooler, the chisel works better. The router is better for shaved ice for frozen margaritas though. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Well, for wild parties the router can't be beat but for a quiet evening in front of the TV a chisel would be my choice.

Reply to
Mike G

I like to use an ogee bit in the 3-HP Router to open old sealed-up paint cans.

-- Steve

Penury is the mother of invention!

Reply to
Steve

I pretty much like all tools; now if I could afford at least one of EVERYTHING...sigh.

as to your question, it's lacking in specifics, Mike. Please elucidate.

dave

Mike Henley wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Or a screwdriver.

Reply to
George

Both...although chisels work better as back scratchers.

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

I've not been able to use the router for salting the edge of the glass. Is it something in my technique?

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

Depends on what you're doing.

RB

Mike Henley wrote:

Reply to
RB

and for cleaning under your nails.

dave

The Guy wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

spice it up a bit George, make mine a Harvey Wallbanger.

dave

George wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

spice it up a bit George, make mine a Harvey Wallbanger.

dave

George wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Make sure it's double insulated.

Reply to
Silvan

Vodka and prune juice?

PILE DRIVER

Reply to
George

I usually trip the breakers in my shop when I plug the chisels in.

Reply to
KYHighlander

Vodka with milk of magnesia... (scroll down)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . a Phillips screwdriver

Doug Miller

depends on the background of the guy I'm dueling with...

Reply to
BUB 209

yes

Reply to