routers or chisels

Page 1 of 2
which do u guys prefer...
thanks
Mike Henley asks:

I've always had trouble getting chisels to work when making molding.
Your question as presented is meaningless.
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.
Yes

If I'm breaking up a big chunk of ice for the beer cooler, the chisel works better. The router is better for shaved ice for frozen margaritas though. Ed
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I've not been able to use the router for salting the edge of the glass. Is it something in my technique?
Tim
--
No BoomBoom for me! - snipped-for-privacy@BoomBoomVerizon.net

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Make sure it's double insulated.
Well, for wild parties the router can't be beat but for a quiet evening in front of the TV a chisel would be my choice.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

spice it up a bit George, make mine a Harvey Wallbanger.
dave
George wrote:

Vodka and prune juice?
PILE DRIVER

in

Vodka with milk of magnesia... (scroll down)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . a Phillips screwdriver
spice it up a bit George, make mine a Harvey Wallbanger.
dave
George wrote:

I like to use an ogee bit in the 3-HP Router to open old sealed-up paint cans. -- Steve www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/ Penury is the mother of invention!

No way, the chisel works much better. If you can't pry up the lid with it, just punch a new hole, like those Hawaiin Punch cans when you were a kid.
Michael

Then put in a longer bit to stir the paint.
I pretty much like all tools; now if I could afford at least one of EVERYTHING...sigh.
as to your question, it's lacking in specifics, Mike. Please elucidate.
dave
Mike Henley wrote:

Mike Henley wrote:

Both...although chisels work better as back scratchers.
Tim
--
No BoomBoom for me! - snipped-for-privacy@BoomBoomVerizon.net

and for cleaning under your nails.
dave
The Guy wrote:

Depends on what you're doing.
RB
Mike Henley wrote:

I usually trip the breakers in my shop when I plug the chisels in.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland