Router wobble

I bought a trend T5 six months ago hardly used it because i also own a Dewalt dw626.
When I used the T5 the other day i noticed that the bits were wobbling slightly in the collet but obviously you can only see this when it is slowing down also it is vibrating badly.
Before i bought the T5 i owned an Elu 96 for over ten years which was great and i thought the T5 would be the same.
I returned the T5 for inspection and Trend said there was no problem and i was told by the shop that wood working is not as accurate as metal working so i should expect the router to wobble a bit.
I had the exact same problem with the Dewalt I bought a dw625 which had the wobble had it looked at several times and was basicly called a liar by Dewalt and i was imagining the wobble then they finally realised something inside the router was bent and replaced the router with a new one this broke after 2 weeks so they then replaced it with the new dw626 and since then I have been very happy with it.
So anyway what are your opinions on this wobble is it acceptable that if you put a 10mm cutter in it will cut 11mm.
No, it's not acceptable. The vibration will kill your bearings in a short time. Poor workmanship, plain and simple. If they say that it is normal, they are essentially saying that poor workmanship is normal. If that is the case, that is a brand to be avoided.

great
the
broke
you
Thanks for the reply good that's what I thought.
Trend is a big make here in the UK nearly everyone uses there cutters and accessories but its the first time ive used one of their routers.
Anyone else got any opinions?

I'll echo CW's opinion, and add; Take the router back to where you bought it for a refund or exchange. Tom
Cheers for the advice.

chris biggs wrote:

My opinion is that a 10% runout is *HUGE*!!!!!!! IOW, router is faulty. If the bit isn't. Tried that bit in another router?

Make sure it's not the router bit. Also make sure you are not using a wide cutter bit at too high a speed. Some of those raised panel bits are scary!
No its a brand new round over bit made by TREND and its only small ive emailed customer services they say they're happy to collect it again and take a look but im just not impressed with the overall quality of the router
writes:

Trend just started showing up in my area this year. Remind not to even consider them. At 20,000+ rpm, there better not be any wobble or vibration. Someone is having you on.
Bob
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:33:38 GMT, "chris"

I would not expect ANY wobble. Check/clean the collet.