Router/veneering template question

Hello,

I remember seeing a template that is one section (pie shaped) for overlaying over veneer to cut around. It's for making a starburst pattern. I also remember that the templates were different sizes depending one how many sections you wanted in your pattern.

For example if I wanted 8 sections I would need a template that is a

45 degree section.

The problem is that I can't remember where I found them, and looking has not helped.

Can anyone tell me where to find them?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Kemper

This?

I don't have one, but I seem to remember mixed reviews. If it's what you're looking for a Google search might be worthwhile.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Thanks, but that is not it.

It's a piece of clear plastic shaped like a slice of pie. You stack your veneer up and lay this on it to trace/cut your pieces. They have different angle pieces depending on how many sections your starburst has.

For example is your sratburst had 8 pieces then your template would be

45 degrees. 45 X 8 = 360

Gary

Reply to
Gary Kemper

Sorry, I see what you're saying, but I've never heard of it.

My Googling has failed me, as well.

If you find it, would you let us know? The template sounds interesting.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Thanks Barry. I found them

are item 17a