Router Table Update

A bit back I posted on modifying my router table, and making drop-in router bases.
Well, I'm up to three bases, and working on a fourth. Last night their worth was definitely proved.
Using a new router bit, less than 10 minutes on it, and the bearing came off. Fortunately, it didn't ruin the router base I was making, or the one I was using as a master. Set them aside, and turned the router off.
Pulled the base out, with router. Very easy to get to the collet and loosen it to remove the bit. New bit in, adjust it, tighten it. Drop it all back in place. Took approximately 3-4 minutes, including the time it took to cut the new bit out of its plastic box.
The new bit I was using was supposedly carbide tipped. Now I'm not sure where I got it, but suspect it was an el-cheapo I got off of eBay to try out. Nevermore, nevermore. Looking at it closely, it would appear to be HSS rather than carbide tipped. No indication at all why the bearing came off. Lesson learned.
JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.