Router table top

Page 2 of 2
Rick Samuel wrote:

You don't _like_ white would be one reason. <G>

Any light color - light grey - off white - what's free or in your stock - what's on sale - a remnant for free - MDF, MDO, plywood, melemine, I don't thinks it matter's much. The most important factor is initial flatness and it's ability to stay that way.
Dave
Rick Samuel wrote:

Go with whatever YOU like, I favour off-white if possible, but light colours are easier to live with. Nice off cut of Trespa solid Labtop works well for me!
Rick Samuel wrote:

I went to Home Depot, Found some tile board (used for tub and shower enclosures) Very smooth and slick, Like $9.00 for a 4x8 sheet. Lamed it on the table top..and Viola A great router table is born. <LOL>
byefernow

That stuff's great for protecting a bench during glue-up and finishing, as well!