Router Table Plans

Looking for router table plans, something with a cabinet underneath. TKS

is google broken today?

Is Google broken today?

Nah, just irrationally exuberant.
Speaking of Google, I had a few minutes to goof with some of their new ideas under their "Google Labs" section. Amazing...
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:41:47 GMT, "patrick conroy"

Yes, me too. Picasa and the Desktop search are just great.
Barry Lennox
Doug Miller wrote:

Doug's panties are twisted because the subject is on topic.
UA100
Ad the other posters subtley implied, you can fiond plenty of router table plans on the WWW.
You can buy Norm's for ten bucks at http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?813 .
Dizzy's looks nice but you may have to do your own plans from his pictures: http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/routertable.html
Buy the book "Woodworking With the Router" by Hylton & Matlack
Sam Spade wrote:

http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects/router /
Yea, that a beaut, DJ. I forgot about yours -- probably because you use the Incra precision thinga-ma-jigger. That makes the table too wide for my tastes but otherwise, super super table.
Sam Spade wrote:

Make a box which is has sides on it higher then the router. Put a flat surface on the box; make it easily removable. Put hole in surface to suit your router mounting option. Build cabinet underneat said box to bring the whole thing up to the desired height.
Making a cabinet: - Make a box - Put drawers in box on runners to suit your needs - Put fronts on the drawers if you like things purty. - put feet on cabinet, or locking castors if you are so inclined
It is really really really basic. Skip the plans.
PK
I do not quite understand why some of the regulars bitch so much on this group when we (newbees) ask about plans. I believe all of us know that we can find plans with a google or yahoo search, but I personally would like to receive input from those of you that have already done it. Why would I grab a plan that looks good instead of asking a group of experts that may have already done it for their opinion. I would much rather find out which plans you have found to be good ones and bad ones.
I firmly believe that way too many of you spend your time looking for reasons to bitch instead of helping those of us that are asking for help. If you have no desire to help, just ignore the post instead of wasting our time with your complaints. Maybe you should look for a newsgroup for whiny woodworkers that have no desire to share their experience. I would say that us newbees could move on but there are plenty of people here that really do enjoy sharing their experience. I can't give much advice on woodworking other than posting good buys when I find one, but, as an engineer, I am willing to help any that have computer or electrical questions.
I have been looking for a good set of plans for a bedroom dressing table in the Mission style (and no, they do not exist on the internet that I can find) but I guess I'll just wing it to avoid the stupid abuse..

And, there you'll be...
Sigh.

Of course you would. And of course a quick Google search on this newsgroup would turn up thousands of threads (well, dozens, anyway) in which the merits and demerits of various designs have already been discussed.

grab
plans
I think you'll find that folks who ask for what you describe above, do get responses. It's posts like the OP put up that just ask, seemingly without looking for themselves to even see if there are plans out there that suit their needs. An open ended question like the OP's doesn't even give enough information for a proper response. He/she does not indicate their level of experience, tools they own, style of furniture they desire, etc. It does get on people's nerves some when folks just seem to be taking a quick way out without what appears to even be an effort on their part. That's quite a bit different from what you speak of above.

Hell - just wait 'till the ego battles kick in again. You know - "you ain't a woodworker because you disagree with me". There's some here who just delight in putting others down and they're easy to spot over time. They're the ones that are expert in everything and they're the ones who most quickly bring out the ad-hominum guns.

in
The beauty of mission style is that you don't need plans.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Perfect!
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
I thought I'd never see this post. Pick up any WW mag - it seems to be the favorite project. I have a stack out in the shed you're welcome too - I'm sure there's at least a dozen articles in the stack. Mark

Sam Spade wrote:

Not exactly a plan but an idea or two when you finally get tired of seeing the same Norm Table over and over again.
http://www.woodcentral.com/shots/shot666.shtml
UA100

Checkout Building Woodshop Workstations by Danny Proulx page 68. You should get it at the library or a woodworking book club.
Thunder