Router Table Mounting Plate

I just got my PC 7518 router and I am looking for a mounting plate for the router table I want to build. I looked at the Rockler Extra-large aluminum plate which looks promising but it is expensive. Any suggestions? I want a plate that is strong enough for the 7518 and large enough so that the opening in the table top accommodates the large handles of the 7518.
I have this plate for my Milwaukee 5625-20 and love it. It is very rigid. Much more so than the phenolic plates.
Brian.

I eventually went for the Woodpeck plate (my 3rd attempt at a plate) and haven't looked back since. Yes it is quite a bit of money but I haven't cried since the day the CC bill came in. And their range of accessories is rather large. Just one caution: centering the router takes a bit of trial and error.
1/4" plywood works fine for me.
JOAT Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous. - Interesting Times
JT notes:

I like some of the softer grades of aluminum, but Lexan also works well. The Rockler aluinum plate also works well. I've got one of their tables, which is a very simple design that works very well, and the plate is easy to use. Trouble is, if you misdrill, you're out $40.
Whoops. Just checked. $50.
Charlie Self "It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H. L. Mencken
I went to the scrap yard and purchased a piece if 1/4 in. aluminum and made my own foe about $5.00. Very easy to make. Virgle

They're predrilled for a variety of router hole patterns, including the 7518 which is equivalent to the Milwauke 5625-20.
Brian.
(philly45)

Brian responds:

Yeah, but not all. A blank is offered at the same price as the pre-drilled inserts.
Charlie Self "It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H. L. Mencken
You could probably just rotate the router 5 degrees and drill again. Just tell everyone that the other holes are for your other router :-)
(philly45)

pre-drilled. Ed
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:41:00 GMT, "philly45"

Check out Lee Valley's base plate.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?pageA776&category=1,43000&ccurrency=1&SID Call them first, just to make sure you can take your PC 7518 router out. I like the extra stability the 9" base plate gives when used off the router table.