Router Table Mounting Plate

I just got my PC 7518 router and I am looking for a mounting plate for the router table I want to build. I looked at the Rockler Extra-large aluminum plate which looks promising but it is expensive. Any suggestions? I want a plate that is strong enough for the 7518 and large enough so that the opening in the table top accommodates the large handles of the 7518.

Reply to
philly45

I have this plate for my Milwaukee 5625-20 and love it. It is very rigid. Much more so than the phenolic plates.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Sat, Jul 3, 2004, 4:41pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (philly45) looking for a mounting plate for the router table I want to build. Any suggestions?

1/4" plywood works fine for me.

JOAT Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous.

- Interesting Times

Reply to
J T

JT notes:

I like some of the softer grades of aluminum, but Lexan also works well. The Rockler aluinum plate also works well. I've got one of their tables, which is a very simple design that works very well, and the plate is easy to use. Trouble is, if you misdrill, you're out $40.

Whoops. Just checked. $50.

Charlie Self "It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

Check out

for the Benchdog plates. They may have one pre-drilled. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I went to the scrap yard and purchased a piece if 1/4 in. aluminum and made my own foe about $5.00. Very easy to make. Virgle

Reply to
Virgle Griffith

I eventually went for the Woodpeck plate (my 3rd attempt at a plate) and haven't looked back since. Yes it is quite a bit of money but I haven't cried since the day the CC bill came in. And their range of accessories is rather large. Just one caution: centering the router takes a bit of trial and error.

Reply to
Woodworm

They're predrilled for a variety of router hole patterns, including the 7518 which is equivalent to the Milwauke 5625-20.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Brian responds:

Yeah, but not all. A blank is offered at the same price as the pre-drilled inserts.

Charlie Self "It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:41:00 GMT, "philly45" scribbled:

Check out Lee Valley's base plate.

them first, just to make sure you can take your PC 7518 router out. I like the extra stability the 9" base plate gives when used off the router table.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

You could probably just rotate the router 5 degrees and drill again. Just tell everyone that the other holes are for your other router :-)

Reply to
Pounds on Wood