Router Table Insert -- Woodpecker...

I'm getting ready to build my router table and have chosen the plunge lift for the DW625

from Woodpeckers that will sit on top of NYW modifided plans. If the lift works as well as their customer service, I'll be overjoyed. Here's what happened;

When I ordered via the web, I chose the wrong model, and botched the CC exp. date. Both items were my fault. I called the 800 number, my errors were fixed by their staff with out making me feel like an idiot...even though I was, hey it happens....

So, the lift arrives, and my wood working buddy comes over and of course I had to show off the new addition to the shop family....and we noticed the short lift wrench wouldn't seat completely in the lift socket. Ok...so the short one made it through QC when it shouldn't have. Called'em again...and NO problem, they're sending me replacement today. Should it of been caught? Sure, did it cause me additional stress and pain? Absolutely not.

With all the pounding the wrek gives some businesses on crappy service?I want to share a positive experience with a wood tool vendor. I'm really happy with things so far and expect I'll be in router table heaven when I actually get to make some saw dust.

Darwin

Reply to
Darwin

snipped

Let me toss in my positive nickle as well. Purchased the router lift system and table at the Baltimoron Woodworking show. They had just sold their last fine adjusting one so shipped it for free, arrived just when they said it would, went together fine and is a joy to use. Just finished doing some mortising with it last night. Good company and would not hesitate to reccomend them.

Allen Catonsville, MD

Reply to
Allen Epps

I've got a Woodpecker insert for my router and in less than 6 months, I noticed a very small crack in it. I bought it at the woodworking show last April, but didn't start using it until August.

Reply to
Wilson

which model insert?

dave

Wils> I've got a Woodpecker insert for my router and in less than 6 months, I

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Is there "and the rest of the story"? What did they say when you called them?

Bob McBreen

Reply to
RWM

Its the ringed phenolic plate. Just noticed the crack on Wednesday. Will try and call today.

Reply to
Wilson

Just talked to customer service and they will send out a new plate. I'm impressed!

Reply to
Wilson

I'll 2nd (or is it third now) your thoughts on their service. I bought a table at the Detroit show in December. They had sold out, but shipped to me for free. The table came right away, but the fence was backordered about 4 days...no biggie.

I also misinformed them (actually changed my mind) about the model router I would be mounting to it. The base that came with it was correct for what I told them, but wrong for the router I actually bought. They exchanged it no problem.

Great bunch of people. Would I buy from them again...No doubt!

Reply to
Chip