Router Table Insert Plate

I have a Milwaulkee 5625-20 router. I tried to make a table insert plate using Dupont's Corian faux marble product, but I have some vibration, I think attributed to the home made plate.

I've resolved to buy a proper insert plate, before some accident happens.

Is the Kreg PRS3030 the proper plate?... Claims to mount with any router.

Incra MLP7518-AL is predrilled for Porter Cable routers, so I'm not sure if this plate is appropriate for the Milwaulkee. I don't know if this plate can be modified/drilled and I don't like the idea of having to modify a plate.

I see some aluminum plates, online, but with their less expensive tag, I'm not sure I want the cheaper Al plate.

I am supposing the Kreg is my best bet.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I have three of the aluminum plates from Rockwell. I use one for the same Milwaukee router and the other two for Hitachi M12Vs. Never had a problem.

Max

Reply to
Max

I have a Milwaulkee 5625-20 router. I tried to make a table insert plate using Dupont's Corian faux marble product, but I have some vibration, I think attributed to the home made plate.

I've resolved to buy a proper insert plate, before some accident happens.

Is the Kreg PRS3030 the proper plate?... Claims to mount with any router.

Incra MLP7518-AL is predrilled for Porter Cable routers, so I'm not sure if this plate is appropriate for the Milwaulkee. I don't know if this plate can be modified/drilled and I don't like the idea of having to modify a plate.

I see some aluminum plates, online, but with their less expensive tag, I'm not sure I want the cheaper Al plate.

I am supposing the Kreg is my best bet.

Sonny

I'd suggest a call to the company that you are interested in and let them decide if their plate is appropriate for you router.

Reply to
Leon

In the old days all the routers fit the Universal plates except Freud. They did have symmetrical mounting holes.

It should be easy enough to drill a commercial unit and mount the router on it if one or more holes do not line up. Check you router for symmetrical mounting hole pattern. Then the slotted holes should work.

I am not familiar with your particular router or this plate.

-------------

I've resolved to buy a proper insert plate, before some accident happens.

Is the Kreg PRS3030 the proper plate?... Claims to mount with any router.

Incra MLP7518-AL is predrilled for Porter Cable routers, so I'm not sure if this plate is appropriate for the Milwaulkee. I don't know if this plate can be modified/drilled and I don't like the idea of having to modify a plate.

I see some aluminum plates, online, but with their less expensive tag, I'm not sure I want the cheaper Al plate.

I am supposing the Kreg is my best bet.

Sonny

Reply to
Josepi
  1. Kreg stuff is usually about twice as expensive as other like-kind products.

  1. Not sure of the Kreg price but Rockler has a sweet setup and lists your specific router on one of the available versions.
    > I am supposing the Kreg is my best bet.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I would think any vibration is attributable to looseness of the insert plate in the table. Can you manually wiggle the plate laterally? _______________

You can mount pretty much any router on any plate as long as the plate is big enough; all you have to do is drill new holes...surely, not a difficult task for anyone skilled enough to use a router table Incra MLP7518-AL is predrilled for Porter Cable routers, so I'm not

Guess you'd be SOL if you wanted to make your own plate then I see some aluminum plates, online, but with their less expensive tag,

So much for the Model "T" concept... ________________

In my mind, the best plate material is the thinnest possible that will not sag with your router. Keep in mind, the thicker the plate, the less cutter height you can expose.

When I made my table almost 18 years ago for my Bosch 1611, I used 3/8" polycarbonate. It is fine but if I had my druthers I would rather have 1/4" phenolic or aluminum.

Reply to
dadiOH

Thanks guys. After further review, I ordered the Rockler set (I did review this one earlier, also), plus an extra insert (2 1/2" dia. opening). I'm sure I'll be pleased.

When I bought the router, last year, I had studied table plates. Thought I'd be frugal and make my own.... looked easy enough. Spent quite a bit of time, with that, then the subsequent "troubles" with my whole set up. Kind of shot myself in the foot. I surmise it is costing less time and money to have bought one in the first place.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

On Fri, 13 May 2011 07:30:12 -0600, Sonny wrote (in article ):

I have the same router and originally bought a phenolic 'universal' plate. This worked fine, but all the extra unused mounting holes were a real distraction. Finally upgraded to a Woodpecker PRL with an aluminum plate. Aside from the PRL, the plate has the ability to use inserts along with a stepped version that works with router bushings. I find it's these little differences that justify the higher price of the metal plates, although the phenolic plate was a bit 'slicker'.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

On May 13, 9:30=A0am, Sonny wrote: > I have a Milwaulkee 5625-20 router. =A0I tried to make a table insert plate using Dupont's Corian faux marble product, but I have some vibration, I think attributed to the home made plate.

That doesn't sound like something you can blame on the Corian. I made my plate out of the stuff - you can often get the sink cut out pieces free at HD! It works just fine. I would look elsewhere for the cause of the vibration lest you expend more money and effort on anoth plate only to discover afterwards that the vibes were in the router somehow.

Reply to
Gooey

My Milwaukee 5625 runs smoothly but I did have a 5616-24 that I had to return because of vibration. Amazon replaced it promptly.

Max

Reply to
Max

When I built my router table I used the run of the mill rousseau insert. Not fancy but it works fine. Easy adjustment for different sized bits. Costs $30-35.

RonB

The vibration isn't with/within the router. I use it manually, often, with no problem. I'm not really sure where the vibration is, maybe the whole table, as part of the table is an addition to one of my tablesaw extension tables. I'll try the new router plate and, if I still have the vibration, I'll make a separate table.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Sonny wrote in news:23566a4d-0d85-46c0-b348- snipped-for-privacy@c41g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Just guessing that somehow you set up a harmonic vibration. If the router has variable speed, does the vibration happen with all speeds? Could you add a plastic/rubber ring to one or more of the fasteners that keep the routertable in the saw?

Reply to
Han

The table isn't moving so it cannot cause the vibration but it may cause the noise.