Router table fence (woodworking #144)

Hi

Anybody have plan in Fine Woodworking #144 for router table fence in PDF files?

Or other plan like this.

Thanks

Jonathan Bergeron Québec, Canada jonathan snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca

Reply to
Jonathan Bergeron

Jonathan,

You can order that issue from FWW on line. Or perhaps you could contact Pat Warner directly (

) since he's the author and see if he can sell you a copy of the article. It's obviously copyrighted and FWW and Pat deserve to be compensated for their efforts.

That said, I built that fence when it came out and I use it on almost every project. It's a pleasure to use, will serve you well and definitely a great project to build. Making it calls for a couple of precision cuts (you can do it) and you should read the short blurb about it on Pat's site if you haven't already.

As for other plans like it. Well, a search of Google for "router fence" will probably turn up more hits than fleas on a dog. An old 2x4 will work as a fence but if you want a real solid workhorse, precision and repeatability - this is one helluva fence. Freud came out with a their version of a micro-adjustable fence a couple of years back and I got my hands on one to try. Good idea (I think they borrowed Pat's idea) but their implementation was absolutely horrible. It flexed, had plenty of slop and you could not get repeatable settings.

You won't realize how good this design really is until after you have used the fence - then you're hooked. Now if you don't need that kind of precision, then his site and books have other examples for fences that are easier to build.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

I just purchased this article the other day for something like $3.50US. Instructions seem clear enough. I am looking forward to building it as my current router table fence is a POS. I agree with the other poster, both FWW and Pat Warner deserve to be compensated for their efforts. There is also a fairly complete materials list available on FWW and this is free if I am not mistaken.

Reply to
larrygfox

Thanks for all

A co-worker have this magazine.