Router table

I am seeking recommendations on a new router table. I am an "intermediate" skill level woodworker and am looking for a very good all purpose router table. Any recommendations?

A frequent subject here. A Google search will come up with just about every variation you can think of. Fancy commercial cabinets that cost over $1000 to a piece of plywood held up by saw horses.
For some ideas look at: www.patwarner.com www.leevaley.com www.routerbits.com for the Benchdog line
You may want to consider building at least part (you are a woodworker, right?) and a commercial top or fence.
If you like the best toys, you want a lift. Not a necessity, but nice to have.
Placement of the router is important. Many have it centered, but I find it more practical to have it 1/3 towards the front. If I do something large, I can turn the table and have it 2/3 tot he front. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Donald F. Baty, Jr. wrote:

I'm going to assume that you .actually are looking for a router table top, insert, router holder AND a fence, preferably a really good one. Making those assumptions check out JoinTech's Cabinet Maker System and their router table top, insert and router holder.
www.JoinTech.com
Finger joints, through dovetails, half blind dovetails, split fence will let you true an edge ... Fence can be postioned in increments of 1/1000ths of an inch replaceable zero clearance inserts between the infeed and outfeed fences ...
Have had one for about three years and it's a slick addition to anyone's shop. Check it out before you make your final decision.
charlie b
Donald F. Baty, Jr. wrote:

Rockler Woodworking sells a good one for about $159.00 including the router plate. Comes with heavy table, fence, miter gauge guide and router plate to fit your router. For a few more bucks you can buy the leg set.
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findprod.cfm?sku 4
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Definately, build your own! Norm has a good plan that I used but I made a few changes to meet my specific needs. It even has handcut dovetail drawers which I did just to keep in practice, almost too nice for the workshop.
Hi Don,
You can take a look at the one I built www.madrona.bizhosting.com using BenchDog top and fence. Be sure to read the story that goes with it. Even building your own can be very expensive, but it is one of the most used tools in the shop.
Best Regards, Phil
Donald F. Baty, Jr asks: