Router Speed for Raised Panels

I am fixing to make some raised panels out of MDF and Oak, What router speed does anyone recommend. I am using a verticle 1/2 bit. Should I alter the speed with the grain as opposed to cross grain? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff

Reply to
Jeff and Jennifer Cook

Suspect you can run at full speed, 18-24KRPM, if the tool is well balanced and you're not burning wood. Test on scrap and run at fastest speed that won't burn stock. Take a .010" finish cut to trim off any scorching.

(Routers)

Reply to
pat