Router selection (too much HP?)

I have interest in a drop in router for a Jessem Master Lift which I already own. So I am in need of a motor only.
My main use is for template cutting of 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" cast acrylic sheeting, so either a 2 1/4 PC 890 or 3 1/4 7518 PC router will fit nicely into the unit.
The price is really a wash after I buy the adapter bracket for the smaller motors.
Is there such a thing as to much power for using a spiral up cut bit for template or edging round off work?
If not it seems to make most sense to mount the 7518 permanantly to have a more versatile set up.
Thanks for any helpful input.
A 7518 is an excellent choice for router tables. Too much power? No. Select the speed you need for the bit in use. The larger diameter bits use slower speeds.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I only have two complaints in life: 1. My router is too big 2. My penis is too big.

Speaking of router power... anyone watch the Norm building the multi-section builti-in bookcase? When he cut the raised panels from MDF for the center low section, he cut it the profile two passes on his router table. Boy oh boy, by the sound of that router struggling through the cut Morash should have jawboned Delta for a shaper between the prototype and the taping.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
On 28 Apr 2005 12:39:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

I hear the same thing can happen with penises.
small cutters usually break due to poor technique. Like when I broke a upcut spiral because I moved the router as it was spinning down. Had it been running at full speed, it would have cut the wood instead of self-destructing. Big motors don't break router bits; people do.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

is, however, such a thing as too little. Jim

The 7518 at Amazon with current $25 coupon makes it $260 drive out price. Its a no brainer decision.
Bob