Router Raizer

About to purchase a Router Raizer and a Hitachi M12V (fugly! good thing it will be under a table!):

reviews seem rather positive, aside from the assembly. Was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with this product? Seems like a good comprimise between an expensive lift and not having a lift at all..

Reply to
Locutus

I thought you were going with the PC, uh the Triton, uh the Woodhaven, uh the Milwaukee, uh the DeWalt, uh the Hitachi??? Is this your final decision??? LOL

Reply to
Leon

You have me confused with someone else!! :)

I asked a question about router bits and a router plate, but not about routers. :)

Reply to
Locutus

I am often confused.... Today I am bored and confused. Good luck with that combination and enjoy.

Nooooow I remember.... I think. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Locutus wrote: :: About to purchase a Router Raizer and a Hitachi M12V (fugly! good :: thing it will be under a table!): :: ::

The reviews seem rather positive, aside from the assembly. Was :: wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with this :: product? Seems like a good comprimise between an expensive lift and :: not having a lift at all..

I've got one on my Triton router (table mounted). I like it a lot. I can wind the router up through the table top for bit changing, don't know if this applies to all other makes of router. Easy to set precise depth of cut, I use one those Trend depth gauges. If you need to make an adjustment to the height and the fence is blocking access to the top winder, you use the knurled wheel on the other end of the raizer. You can use the Triton's own ratchet winder, but the router raizer makes it a lot easier.

hth Chris.

Reply to
mrbingley

i have that setup. it works OK. could be better could be worse. its a little tricky setting it up but not too dificult if you pay attention closely to the instructions. you may wish to leave the column springs out instead of reinstalling them. i am told it works better this way. i put them back in and havent gotten around to removing them soooo.... also when you remove the columns watch out for the little brass bar that will fall out and roll into the deepest darkest reaches of the saw dust pile as you will need it later! DAMHIKT. all in all i am satisfied with mine. its a cheep solution though, and from the others i have seen ya gits what ya pays for.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

I just finished mounting one to my M12V last week and found it not too bad to achieve if you follow the directions slowly and carefully. Process took about an hour total.

It works as advertised and the good reviews are deserving of the product. I mounted mine into an Oak-Park Base and it sure makes it nice not to have to adjust the height from below. Assures much better ease of accuracy also.

I have just placed my order for the bit extension made by the same folks that will allow above the table bit changes. I figure with both products, I will seldom have to take the router from the table for anything. I really like the RR so far and find it to be money well spent in my case.

Bob N

> The reviews seem rather positive, aside from the assembly. Was wondering if

Reply to
Bob N

> The reviews seem rather positive, aside from the assembly. Was wondering

I have the RR on a PC and I'm happy with it. It can be a chore installing it, depending on your router. You actually have to drill a big hole in the PC housing, and another hole in the base plate. Drilling holes in your brand new router can be intimidating. It comes with hardware to fit a big bunch of different routers. But it is reasonably inexpensive and has worked great for me for a few years now. I really like that I can still use the router handheld and adjust depth from the top. Another downside might be that you still need to use the slide clamp. The RR won't really stabilize the slide well enough on it's own except for really light cuts. All in all I believe I still prefer it over all the dedicated table lifts.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Yep... it's been done and here it is in pictures...

http://www.woodsh> About to purchase a Router Raizer and a Hitachi M12V (fugly! good thing it

Pat Barber

I would look at a Porter Cable with the feature already built in... such as..

?e=547&p=4497they both use this:

is about $25...

Locutus wrote:

Pat Barber