Router question PC and others

Does anyone know the dimension including TPI of the collet holder and the taper of the collet?

Roger in Abilene

Reply to
Roger Jensen
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Hi Roger, Sadly they are not always the same, which model??

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Porter Cable.

Reply to
Roger Jensen

Which model PC? PC makes about 10 different models.

Reply to
Leon

PC 690

Reply to
Roger Jensen

these collets are readily available from porter cable- if what you need is to replace a missing or damaged one, that is the route I'd recommend.

on the other hand, if you're up to something a bit more exotic- making a specialty collet or some other tooling, please let us know.....

Reply to
bridger

I'm up to something very exotic ;) I really need the dimensions to be able to fabricate an arbor using PC collets. Collets and the nut are not a problem. The taper is what I would really like to know........ with of course some .......degree of certainty.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Jensen

I have this router, or rather a couple of them, and some reasonably accurate measuring equipment. not sure I could really get that angle good enough for you, but I'll be glad to try. have you asked PC?

Reply to
bridger

I inquired on two previous occasions with PC, they were not able to answer off hand...but in both cases assured me they would get back to me with the info. yea right... They did offer to sell me an armature for something near to $90.00.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Jensen