Router Newbie--Missing Pieces?

Page 2 of 2
Bosch says it's likely a 3/8" collet. At first, the nice person on the phone said they didn't make 3/8" collets, but researched it and found out differently.
Anyway, they're sending me a 1/4" collet. Nice people!
Thanks for your help.
8mm probably. Common in Europe.

Prior to buying very many plan on a way to both store & identify the bits so they don't roll around in a drawer banging into each other!
On 28 Oct 2006 07:12:05 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@boundvortex.com wrote:

The second picture to the right looks like that the 1/2" collet is in the router without the nut used to tighten it. You should be able to remove it and install the 1/4" collet.
Ted

My Hitacchi router has two nuts with the collet in each, 1/4 and 1/2. Collet comes out with the nut. When I bought the 1/2 collet would not stay in the nut, e-mailed Hitachi and they sent me a new oneright away.