Router: Moulding and Baseboards

I'd like to take my hand-held router tool and mount it upside down somehow so that I can use it like a table-based router. Are there any instructions on the internet or plans that I can use for coming up with an adjustable guide for pushing wood uniformly through?

so that I can use it like a table-based router. Are there any instructions on the internet or plans that I can use for coming up

Look for plans for a router table. There are hundreds of them. Just modify to suit your needs. Some guys just use a piece of plywood over a couple of saw horses. You can make a fence by screwing two boards or strips of plywood together at 90 degrees and then clamping it in place. Make a cutout for the bit.
If you want something a little slicker than plywood, you can often get kitchen sink cutouts for free or for cheap.
Figure a cost between about $5 and $1500 depending on how fancy you want to get. Ed
I routed my base boards by clamping a 2 X 4 to the back of the base board and flush with the top, routing by hand. They where 7" high up to 12' long