Router Mortising Jig?

Page 2 of 2

"Pat Barber" wrote in message

A _need_ for sure ... "pressing" is, at the moment, relative to finding the time to make a jig, which I will do if I determine the expenditure for another method is not justifiable, or should I procrastinate long enough to force the leap.

"Assume" definitely is operative here.
I am assuming that the FMT will allow routing angled mortises in end stock with the same apparent ease and precision that it will do it's tenon tricks, but have been unable to get a solid yea or nay on that score?
... and I tend to agree with Leon's wisdom on the matter. One who pays that much for a _jig_ may be a tad reluctant to freely admit that it is not the cat's meow.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

tricks,
After viewing the video on Taunton's website of the FMT being used, I would sayt that it's pretty clear that the FMT will do angled mortises in end stock just fine.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
Swingman wrote:

Remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The WW show will be here in 5 weeks. ;~) I am procrastinating until then to spend $2,000-3,000 for a band saw.

I have a FMT, it does a lot of work and I am very happy. It will do angled mortises and tenons. It requires a bit more set up time though. Last week I did 264 M&T joints for kids tables and chairs in just under 4 hours. That works out at under a minute per joint. Although an expensive outlay it has been worth it. Cheers
This thing sounds awful interesting but you know the drill...
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pR369&cat=1,43000,52709&ap=1
Swingman wrote:

I'm happy with mine, but it only does one angle :)
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/jigsfixtures.htm
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/index.htm