Router Mortising Jig?

I "assume" you brought this subject up because you have a pressing need or are you just kicking the tires ???

The FMT also has it's limitations.... but VERY nice

"The jig is supplied with five joint guides, enabling you to produce

5/16" mortise and tenon joints with lengths of 1/2" through 1-1/2" in 1/4" increments. Also included are a matching 5/16" spiral upcut bit (1/2" shank), all the necessary tools and mounting hardware and full instructions. Additional joint guide sets for 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" wide mortise and tenon joints are also available."

The Matchmaker has a awful lot plastic to suit my taste. Plastic is not bad but they use a bunch of it in all their templates.

I also have never seen one word about this machine on the wurl wide web.

Sw> The "Matchmaker" is interesting, and a good deal cheaper than the > MultiRouter. >

Reply to
Pat Barber

Pat Barber

A _need_ for sure ... "pressing" is, at the moment, relative to finding the time to make a jig, which I will do if I determine the expenditure for another method is not justifiable, or should I procrastinate long enough to force the leap.

"Assume" definitely is operative here.

I am assuming that the FMT will allow routing angled mortises in end stock with the same apparent ease and precision that it will do it's tenon tricks, but have been unable to get a solid yea or nay on that score?

... and I tend to agree with Leon's wisdom on the matter. One who pays that much for a _jig_ may be a tad reluctant to freely admit that it is not the cat's meow.

Reply to
Swingman

After viewing the video on Taunton's website of the FMT being used, I would sayt that it's pretty clear that the FMT will do angled mortises in end stock just fine.

Reply to
Swingman

Remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The WW show will be here in 5 weeks. ;~) I am procrastinating until then to spend $2,000-3,000 for a band saw.

Reply to
Leon

ohhhhh.. that sounds like a "yes" vote on the old Master card....

Besides, we are all stand>

Reply to
Pat Barber

I have a FMT, it does a lot of work and I am very happy. It will do angled mortises and tenons. It requires a bit more set up time though. Last week I did 264 M&T joints for kids tables and chairs in just under 4 hours. That works out at under a minute per joint. Although an expensive outlay it has been worth it. Cheers

Reply to
Phil Hansen