router/lettering question

I recently ordered a letter jig for my router and was wondering if I need 1) a router guide bushing kit and 2) special bits to do lettered signs.

thanks paul

Reply to
Paul Oman

What letter jig did you order? Mine came with the guide bushing. No special bits were required. Be sure that you don't try to remove all the wood at once - you'll find that the smaller sections that are supposed to remain (like the little triangle in an 'A') will quickly disappear if you remove too much wood.

Reply to
D Steck

1) a router guide bushing kit and Yes. Didn't the jig include one? 2) special bits

Yes. Maybe. Depends. No. What do you already have? It may require them to duplicate what the instructions show. There are some that are much better than others for letting; depends on what you want to do.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Guide bushings required. And if you need a custom subbase (with a guide bush cutter hole) big enough to span the largest letters and not deflect, I can and do make.

(Routers)

Reply to
pat