Router inset comments

Hello group, just wondering if anyone here owns or has used either the Rockler or the Woodpeckers aluminum router inserts and if so Id like to hear your comments on them. Ive experienced a couple of the phenolic and plastic inserts and it seems those darn rings that reduce the bit hole never quite fit right. The one I have now still gives me a little "bump" when I run wood over it. Im hoping the aluminum inserts will be made better.
Thanks in advance!
Jim
-- ....
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:30:50 GMT, "James D Kountz"

I have the Rockler insert (aluminum) that I bought with the table top I used to make a cabinet with. The plate is very sturdy and I have had no problem with deflection. The delrin insert rings that came with it and the extras I bought also fit snug and flush. No "bumps" when I slide the material over it. Only problem I have had is when I dropped the plate on one of the corners and it had to be "fined tuned" with a hammer to fit back in the table top.
Allyn

No lip on the Woodpeckers PRL.

No lip on the Woodpeckers PRL.