Router --- if you had $500 to spend?

Page 2 of 2

If the 690-series had a series wide recall, then it has been a good number of years. The 690-series is built like a truck. The 890-series, not quite so much so.
No personal experience with the DeWalt routers, although there are a _lot_ of other yellow plastic bodied tools in my shop...
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:

Same here, I love yellow cordless drills and my plate joiner! I have no experience with yellow routers, so I was hoping someone I could go back and forth with had done a hands-on head to head.
In my eyes, the best thing to ever happen to the 690 is the 890. The 890 drove the price down on the 690 series. <G>
I've got (9) routers now, a combination of 1617's, 690's and a Bosch laminate trimmer, and an M12.

Hans! What are you doing here on the wreck?
I used to post now and then on r.r.a.m. before the idiots took over. I don't know that you'd remember me. I'm a long time regular here, though. Just don't ever recall seeing your scrawl before.
K4QG
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

I lurk a lot, mostly on fishing groups in the summer, then woodworking after I stow my boat for the winter. rram, rrap, etc., are now vast wastelands inhabited by inbred trolls.
73, Hans, K0HB