Router --- if you had $500 to spend?

I posted a link to a $179 (3) base 690 kit two days ago in this very thread.

I'm not trying to break 'em off on you. I don't have any experience with the 618, so I was curious. However, I can't tell the difference between my 2 1/4 HP routers and my 1 1/2 HP 690's in handheld use.

Variable speed is one difference I hadn't noticed, but I use that a lot more on the bigger routers in tables than I do for handheld operations.

Reply to
B A R R Y

To be honest, I wasn't shopping for price (this time). No question I could have found something cheaper on the internet.

Regards,

Hans

Reply to
KØHB

"KØHB" wrote in news:2f62h.839$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

If the 690-series had a series wide recall, then it has been a good number of years. The 690-series is built like a truck. The 890-series, not quite so much so.

No personal experience with the DeWalt routers, although there are a _lot_ of other yellow plastic bodied tools in my shop...

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Same here, I love yellow cordless drills and my plate joiner! I have no experience with yellow routers, so I was hoping someone I could go back and forth with had done a hands-on head to head.

In my eyes, the best thing to ever happen to the 690 is the 890. The

890 drove the price down on the 690 series.

I've got (9) routers now, a combination of 1617's, 690's and a Bosch laminate trimmer, and an M12.

Reply to
B A R R Y