Router For Router table

Page 2 of 2

I have the Porter Cable 7518. It has a good speed range, and you need a slower speed for larger bits. It is about 3 HP, heavy, 1/2" collet, perfect for a router table. The height is adjusted by roating the base. This is a good router, although I think Porter Cable's quality has slightly declined in recent years (have not had any issues with the PC 7518 though) and Milwaulkee may be a better brand. You don't want a plung router for use in a table