Router Fence

I remember seeing a rounter fence that had a long screw thread behind the fence to position the fence. I think it was an individual design.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Garry Collins

John L. Poole

Garry Collins wrote in news:Xns9840E65AAE524GarryCollins@211.29.133.50:

Freud

R. Pierce Butler

Hey Gary, This is not an individual design but were you referring to something from Incra like this?

http://www.> I remember seeing a rounter fence that had a long screw thread behind the

Reply to
marc rosen

The JoinTech Cabinet Maker Fence System for a router table fence is to a shop made pivoting fence with a long screw thread to move it as a little red wagon is to a red Ferrrari Testarossa.

Invented by a Lockheed engineer, in Silly Cone Valley, who escaped to San Antonio and kept refining his idea - AND adding new abilities, the JoinTech Cabinet Maker Fence system takes what you can do on a router table, the ease of use, precision of fence positioning, split fence with easily repacable zero clearance inserts, dust collection through the fence, . . . .

Bought one, and their table top, mounting plate and rings for around the bit all at one time - I make one major purchase at each woodworking show. Keep finding new uses for it. Now the General International 75-075M - the mortising machine with the XY table, tilting head and fence that can be swung up to 30 degrees - well it did get used when I made my work bench - but it's gathered a lot of dust since them. The JoinTech stays relatively dust free because it gets brushed off and used quite often.

Buy one, cry once.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b