Router bushing question

Haven't had to do any routing that required bushings so I'm not familiar with the setup. I bought one of those brass bushing sets with an adapter, several collars and screw rings. I have a Hitachi M12V and a PC 690. I can see how the bushing installs in the Hitachi but the PC looks a bit unsafe if I'm following it right. The sub base of the PC has an opening that just fits the adapter included with the set. The bushing and nut lock onto that. However, the adapter just sits in the hole with nothing holding it in place. If I pick the router up and turn it upside down the adapter will fall out and hang on the bit.
Other than buying another sub base with a 1 3/16" hole I don't feel comfortable using the PC. I figure I've missed a key step somewhere but can't see it.
Any thoughts?
Thanx.
Vic
--
Of course, I may be wrong, I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

With some routers, you will need to install the bushing and screw the ring on, before you put the bit in.
Might also reread the instructions.
ray.
I think you are missing a couple of screws that hold that adapter in place. They are usually included with new routers, but frequently get lost if not kept tight. You should not try to use the router and bushing the way that you have it now. Find and install screws to hold everything in place first. The screws will likely be metric so it's best to take the router with you in your search. If you can find a service center for the router near you they will know what you need and will likely have them in stock.
--
Charley

"Vic Baron" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

place.
I've been missing a couple screws for YEARS. :-)
Will
LOL! There were no instructions with the bushings and the router instructions didn't help. No way to screw the adapter in so it seems that it's probably an adapter for a different model.
Took the easy way out and ordered a sub base from Pat Warner.
All will be well now.
Thanx!
Vic

if