Router bits

Local Lowes is carrying Bosch router bits. Prices are a bit on the low side so I wondered about quality. Anyone use them?
CW wrote:

some other brands I've tried. I also like all my Freuds, CMT, and amana. I'll not name the brands I think SUCK, because all it will do is start an argument here. <g> dave

I have been using a couple of Bosch bits for almost 10 years (as a hobbyist). They are as good as anything out there except maybe the "premium" bits like Whitside (which I have been loyal to lately).
I also have a Bosh hammer/drill with some of their carbide bits. They are better than anything out there too IMHO.
Bosch is good. If they are cheap, they're even better.
Maybe I'll check out my local Lowes tomorrow.
Lou
Bosch is a top quality bit but why not buy American. Whiteside can hold its own with any of the premium bits and is usually sold by companies who offer sharpening services. Also sold at Kingspor's Woodworking Shops. http://www.woodworkingshop.com /

I just purchased a Craftsman fixed base/plunge base 2.25 hp router. It's Bosch all over, even the Craftsman and Bosch parts lists are identical down to the reference numbers. The Craftsman club had them for $179 and I got my Sears retiree discount off of that. RM~
ATP* wrote:

In replying, let me first offer the following caveats:
1. I know not the first thing about the quality of Bosch router bits 2. I know not the first thing about the country of manufacture of Bosch router bits 3. I own many of their tools, and they are typically best-in-class
However, not all of Bosch's stuff these days is made in the US or EU. Like many/most manufacturers, including the vaunted Starrett, Bosch is segmenting their products and sourcing many of them to China. For now, I believe they are doing it only on their lower-end lines. For example, their older model jigsaw has had a major price reduction and is being made in China. (NOT the 1590/1591...these are still Swiss-made.) I talked to one of their reps at a woodshow and he gave me the low-down.
As to these bits showing up in Lowes, you might want to verify their country of manufacture. It MAY be possible, although keep in mind I DON'T KNOW, that they are making a "consumer-quality" product overseas for Lowes.
That was my first thought. That is why I asked.

Bosch bits are good, I just picked up a 3/4" straight bit for a project from Lowes for about $12, certainly well worth it and it worked beautifully.