Router Bits

I recently purchased these router bits:

are maybe 300 to 500 of them. I haven't had a chance to count them or assort them, yet. There are many different kinds (profiles) and most of them with 1/2" shafts, or smaller, which will fit my 1/2" router, yet some of these are fairly large and would be difficult to control when using a hand held router.

There are about 50 that have 3/4" shafts, which I can not use with my

1/2" router. What kind of router would I need in order to use these larger shafted bits. It is obvious the router would need to be of a table mounted type. The cutting surfaces/profiles, also, are definitely too large to be used with a hand held router, even if it had the HP to spin them properly.

As a gloat note, when I went to pick them up, the ones on the second cart were missing. I was a little disappointed with that, but I was given a refund of $150, so my purchase actually cost $250. About 1/2 of all the bits still have the rubberized coating on them, ie., unused. I think I did pretty good.

I live in Louisiana, so I had a nice 2 week vacation in N. Carolina. My sister lives there and, during my stay, I manicured her flower beds, did a little other lawn service and lost about 10 lbs off my waistline.

Thanks. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

These should only be used in a router table with a speed control.

You may be able to get a chuck for your shaper to hold these. If you don't have a shaper, sell them to someone with a shaper.

Ah, sometimes life is good.

Reply to
joeljcarver