Router Bit set query

Folks -

I am looking for a set of router bits for doing rails and stiles for doors, also bits for raised panels. With the profusion of brands, I am out of bandwidth. Personal recommendations? Anything I should stay away from. Any feedback based on personal experience would be welcomed.

See prior post regarding holiday greetings, or not, depending on your personal belief system(s)

Ever,

John Moorhead Lakeport, CA

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this message.

Reply to
john moorhead

CMT worked great for me.

-- "Shut up and keep diggen" Jerry

Reply to
Micro*

Whiteside,

They're the best, cheaper and made in the USA.

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

Until they prove they don't deserve it, CMT will get my business.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Very happy with my Freud door set. One thing I did find was that the panel-raising bit was way too big to fit through the hole in the router table, even with no insert fitted. I had to make a false table top from

1/2" ply. No big deal, but I'd check up on that.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

Do you have the old CMT bits, made by the company now know as Jesada, or the newer version?

Bob McBreen - Yarrow Point Washington

Reply to
RWM