router bit for my current cabinet door

Hi,

I am looking for a router bit for matching my existing cabinet door. Here is the link of the profile.

I know I can do it in several steps. However I can't find a router bit for the middle part. Just wonder if any router expert knows a router bit like this.

Thanks!

Tom

Reply to
tong2k

. I know I can do it in several steps. However I can't find a router

Too big for many router bits to cut in one section. You're probably looking for shaper cutter to match the profile in a go (and it'll have to be 3/4" arbor minimum) or match up as nearly as you can in steps, as you say, and hand smooth/fair the edges.

If you need enough linear feet, you can always have custom profiles ground (or grind them yourself from blanks).

Check Amana Tool if you haven't, btw...

--

Reply to
dpb

dpb wrote: ..

Oh, I meant to add...bring your wallet! :)

--

Reply to
dpb

profile.http://www.flickr.com/photos/10142540@N04/828276943/> > . I know I can do it in several steps. However I can't find a router

Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion! Actually I only need the middle part which is only 1 1/4 inch long. If I can find the right router bit for the middle part. The rest is just cove corners. Not sure there is any bit like that. Maybe anything close?

Any idea will help.

Tom

Reply to
tong2k

profile.http://www.flickr.com/photos/10142540@N04/828276943/>>> . I know I can do it in several steps. However I can't find a router

Well, I'd probably start by taking some waste out w/ dado set on the tablesaw at an angle. Then, might be able to get a panel raiser or similar to take that down to profile. The center could be a modified beading cutter of the proper diameter. Etc., ...

Just have to work on these things and piece out what you can. And, of course, have to make sure do it in the proper order to have a bearing surface left...

Have you done an extensive search for the profile from commercial millworks? Most of these profiles are pretty well standardized.

How many (linear) feet and what material?

--

Reply to
dpb

profile.http://www.flickr.com/photos/10142540@N04/828276943/> >>> . I know I can do it in several steps. However I can't find a router

Thanks! Your method really gives me some ideas of what to do. Yes, I did search on many websites, but I was not lucky enough to get the exact same profile. I only need for 2 cabinet doors. Anyway, if I really can't find the right one, I will just get around it by install drawers instead of doors.

Thank you!

Tom

Reply to
tong2k