Router base

Anyone know of another source for one of these bases for a 690 router? http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 407
I can't even find it on the PC website so it may be a Rockler exclusive. I like to price compare.

No, it is certainly not a Rockler exclusive. The PC part number is 1001. You may have better luck finding one at a service center. Not very many places carry these because they are standard equipment on the 690 series routers. Thus there is little call for such parts.
Jim
RayV wrote:

You should be able to find one on Ebay pretty cheap. That's what I did.

Me too - accidentally. I bought a base for my PC laminate trimmer, but the seller shipped the 690 base instead, and then shipped the correct base, and insisted I keep both. So I re-eBayed the 690 base. IIRC I made $30-35 profit selling it used, so the Rockler deal doesn't sound too bad. Andy

That's a cheaper price than I recall paying at Rockler some years back. Considering that you can buy the router motor and base for maybe $119 on sale, what do you really want to do.
It is a PC part, though.
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:

I've purchased refurbished single speed 690's with that base for $65-75.

Its not a Rockler exclusive, its a PC proprietary part, as a few others have posted. The cost of the part approaches the cost of a new 690 router. If you're not in a rush you can hunt for a used one particularly that you don't need the motor. You don't want to buy a car through the parts counter of the dealership. Joe G
RayV wrote:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/base-housing-p-60960.html http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/prro_bases.htm?E+coastest
--
Jack Novak