Router base

Anyone know of another source for one of these bases for a 690 router?

can't even find it on the PC website so it may be a Rockler exclusive. I like to price compare.

Reply to
RayV

No, it is certainly not a Rockler exclusive. The PC part number is 1001. You may have better luck finding one at a service center. Not very many places carry these because they are standard equipment on the

690 series routers. Thus there is little call for such parts.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

You should be able to find one on Ebay pretty cheap. That's what I did.

Reply to
Charlie M. 1958

RayV wrote in news:1178738382.805382.171540 @w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

That's a cheaper price than I recall paying at Rockler some years back. Considering that you can buy the router motor and base for maybe $119 on sale, what do you really want to do.

It is a PC part, though.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

router?

> I can't even find it on the PC website so it may be a Rockler

Its not a Rockler exclusive, its a PC proprietary part, as a few others have posted. The cost of the part approaches the cost of a new

690 router. If you're not in a rush you can hunt for a used one particularly that you don't need the motor. You don't want to buy a car through the parts counter of the dealership. Joe G
Reply to
GROVER

Me too - accidentally. I bought a base for my PC laminate trimmer, but the seller shipped the 690 base instead, and then shipped the correct base, and insisted I keep both. So I re-eBayed the 690 base. IIRC I made $30-35 profit selling it used, so the Rockler deal doesn't sound too bad. Andy

Reply to
Andy

Nova

I've purchased refurbished single speed 690's with that base for $65-75.

Reply to
B A R R Y