Router and removal of plunge springs?

I have a cheap B&D 850W router and have just aquired a router table is it ok to remove the plunge router springs to ease placement of the depth of the cut as it is a bit akward with the router mounted underneath the router table?
The router will be a permenant fix in the table as I have a Makita job for heavy work.
Thanks for any input.
-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite
Perfectly allright, m'lord. Save the springs for later. Tom
tom wrote:

I say, thanks for that. :-)
-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

work there also. Doesn't make any sense to put an 850w router in a table; put the good one there.
Toller wrote:

Hah! but now and again I take the Makita out on jobs. :-) Tally Ho! -- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite