Router

Hi,
Yesterday I bought a router in B&Q. It obviously needed some home assembly.. and after completing it according to my instuctions, I still had 4 pieces left.. I asked my Dad, and he said, don't use it till you've find out from the people on your newsgroup where they go.. they could be important sadety bits.
Below I have described them..
Piece 1) Small metal block (c. 1.5x0.75cm) with grooves on either sine (the long ones) and out of one od the short ends is a spring which is restrained a little by a flexible piece of wire. - (There is 2 of these)
Piece 3) Small metal silver tube (c. 3x1cm) with a slit up to 2 inches from one end Through the slit, there is a horizontal hole which is threaded, and a threaded pointy screw goes through it with a butterfly washer on it.
Piece 4) Small metal nuts, (c. 5mm diam) (There is 2 of these)
Please could you let me know a) what the parts are and b) where they go on the router.
Thanks, SB

Pieces 1 and 2 go on part #5 as shown in Figure 6A. Piece 3 screws onto part #9 from Figure 12. The nuts go on the threaded thingie. Seriously, if you want a chance at an answer to this question, you might want to try something more descriptive than "a router". Does this router have a name and model?
todd

I smell a troll. I've never seen a router that you had to assemble when you get home.
Bob
< I smell a troll. I've never seen a router that you had to assemble when < you get home.
I thought that too but didn't like to say. I bought my router here in the UK at B & Q (Performance Pro 2050), took it out of the box, plugged it in and Bob's your uncle as we say here. I did have to put a router bit in it though before I could do anything useful :-)
Malcolm Webb
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:58 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), snipped-for-privacy@cix.co.uk (Malcolm Webb) wrote:

Piece 1 sounds like replacement motor brushes to me?
Not sure about #3 though.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 60 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Festool CT22E Dust Extractor - Fasco GN-40A Brad Nailer - Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction - Milescraft SignCrafter - Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS - Bessey K-Body Clamps ------------------------------------------------------------
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:06:57 -0000, "Sam Berlyn"

Metal blocks ? Or graphite, possibly with bronze powder in it ? They're spare brushes for the motor - you don't need these immediately. Maybe one day you might, but it's rare.

Hard to say without pictures, but it might be a centre pin for a radius guide. It screws through a hole in the fence (the thing that slides on the two bars) and it's used to hold the router on the centre of a circle while you swing it around to cut circles.

Could be anything. Found any matching bolts ?
You ought to get an exploded parts view with Black & Decker.
www.patwarner.com is an essential reads for lots of router information.
--
Smert' spamionam

Hi, I have taken a picture of part 3 and as this newsgroup rejects pics, I have put it in:- alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Please have a look there :)
Thanks
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:06:57 -0000, "Sam Berlyn"

a link to the router in question would be very helpful. is it this one? <http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?CATIDb251&entryFlag lse&PRODID417&paintCatId=>

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:00:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

collet is imperial..

Sam - good idea posting a pic, but you should post your pics to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking and then let everyone here know you posted over there. It's helpful to provide everyone with the Subject of your binary post.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
Mike Marlow wrote: