Routed MDF edges - BIN is BEST?

I've seen BIN from Zinsser recommended here as a good way to seal the edges of MDF prior to painting. I've routed a profile (quirk and bead) on some MDF and want to apply something that will either sand smooth or, better yet, seal it smooth, before final painting.
Any other recommendations? Thanks.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

David wrote:

I'm hoping to avoid having to do too much reprofiling of the edge. Would you suggest smearing it on, and then using the same bit to scrape it off while wet?
JP

Lightweight drywall joint compound works really well and is a lot easier to sand smooth afterwards. Smear it on with a sponge or brush, not too heavy, let it dry, and then give a light sanding. Prime and paint and you're good to go.
HTH,
Paul
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:47:34 -0500, Paul Franklin

I'll second that, using BIN as the primer.
For smaller jobs, I like the fact that BIN comes in spray bombs.
Barry