Rounding tenons or squaring mortises?

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:59:08 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Aye be gar! Spoken like a true non-land-lubber, it was.

-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A steel file should round the tenons. There is a part next to the cheek that can be removed with a small sharp chisel. Generally a mortise is more difficult to make adjustments than a tenon.

Reply to
Phisherman

Tonight was a rerun of an outdoor teak love seat Norm built a few years ago.

Lots of M/T joints forming joints that were not 90 degrees.

How did he round over the tenons?

A 4-In-Hand rather than a flat bastard file, but the elbow grease was still there.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:36:39 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

for the shop? You go first class all the way.

I reckon so, but for us po folk...

P.S: I see the word "chord" in the referenced text there. You must have been thinking ahead to this conversation when you last used it. ;)

-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm a musician by nature, what can I say ... one of those who sees triads in the birds sitting on various electrical lines.

It's a curse ...

Reply to
Swingman

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:49:59 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

I don't think electrical line birdies resemble the Chinese Mafia at all.

-- Indifference to evidence: Climate alarmists have become brilliantly adept at changing their terms to suit their convenience. So it's "global warming" when there's a heat wave, but it's "climate change" when there's a cold snap. The earth has registered no discernable warming in the past 10 years: Very well then, they say, natural variability must be the cause. But as for the warming that did occur in the 1980s and 1990s, that plainly was evidence of man-made warming. Am I missing something here? --Brett Stephens, WSJ Opinion 12/09/09

Reply to
Larry Jaques