Rounding a corner

Page 3 of 3

Another habit we have, particularly Southerners,

That's because when we explain something to a Northerner, ";~)" and they do not respond because they are frozen stiff, we think we have not explained our selves clearly enough.

Any specific recommendation of a brand/model?
MC

I have to say I own one of those B&D jigsaws and while it serves it's purpose for what I use it for, it is most definitely a disappointing piece of junk.
I used a Porter Cable jigsaw once and I found it to be an excellent tool.
Joe Barta wrote:

Let me add that considering it only cost me a few dollars and works OK for what I need it for, I figure it was a perfectly sound investment. That said, if you want to do any serious curve cutting with a jigsaw then by all means, part with the big bucks and get a real jigsaw.
miamicuse wrote:

Bosch 1590, Milwaukee 6266, Dewalt 321, or Porter Cable 9543 all have their devoted fans. Bosch is probably the most revered jig saw in this group. Any of these are fine saws. Reasonable people still disagree over which is best. These are all top-handle variable speed saws, which is my preference. They are separated by features such as blade-changing mechanism more than anything else I think. Several of these manufacturers also make a barrel-grip saw that many like, but I think the top handle is easier to control. I have the Porter Cable 9543 and like everything about it but the blade changer, which is a little tricky till you get the hang of it.
DonkeyHody "Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him." - Thomas Carlyle

In no order here, Milwaukee or Bosch. Look for the Fast and quick blade change feature. This is typically a single lever that you push over to 1 side. The older Bosch has a blade release top knob set up that is similar to turning the dial on a safe. The latest model along with the latest 1 or 2 Milwaukee have the faster change features. In case you find one in a garage sale or on that has been setting on the store shelf with a lot of dust on it. DeWalt is mentioned. Maybe the latest model. The previous model was too big and heavy and has an inherent problem of spitting out the blade during use. That problem has been reported several times in this group and a friend of mine has a 3 year old DeWalt that spit the blade out on me 3 times in one day. Look to spend about $150 give or take 10-$15.