Rounding a corner

A quantum leap is a change between two quantum mechanica stats, ususlly between the two closest to each other, in other words a quantum leap is the minimal change that can happen.

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

Well Doc, after doing a little research, I see that you are right. Wouldn't you know that when Americans try to borrow a term from science, they'd get it backwards? On this side of the pond, what we usually mean by "quantum leap" is a jump from "A" to "B" without passing through any of the points in between. Even then, some would say I was a little too quick to apply the term to the difference between two jig saws. Another habit we have, particularly Southerners, is a tendancy to overstate our case. But hey, everything's relative, right?

DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Just found this site and have to jump in with my own comment. Old time traditional woodworkers would have rounded off the corners by marking the line, chipping off the excess with a mortising chisel, rasping it to final shape and sanding. Done in less time than it takes to set up the machinery today. Sometimes progress is an elusive thing. Look at the curvature of a violin. It is still done by hand in the better shops. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

I will agree with everything you just said. ;~) In the eyes of the beholder.

Yes I agree again. I own the Milwaukee.

Reply to
Leon

Another habit we have, particularly Southerners,

That's because when we explain something to a Northerner, ";~)" and they do not respond because they are frozen stiff, we think we have not explained our selves clearly enough.

Reply to
Leon

In no order here, Milwaukee or Bosch. Look for the Fast and quick blade change feature. This is typically a single lever that you push over to 1 side. The older Bosch has a blade release top knob set up that is similar to turning the dial on a safe. The latest model along with the latest 1 or

2 Milwaukee have the faster change features. In case you find one in a garage sale or on that has been setting on the store shelf with a lot of dust on it. DeWalt is mentioned. Maybe the latest model. The previous model was too big and heavy and has an inherent problem of spitting out the blade during use. That problem has been reported several times in this group and a friend of mine has a 3 year old DeWalt that spit the blade out on me 3 times in one day. Look to spend about $150 give or take 10-$15.
Reply to
Leon