Rounding 1 5/8" stock

I have a potential order for 22 oak tables which will be 2'X2' by 1 5/8". The client wants the edges rounded over much like you would accomplish with a bullnose bit/cutter. If I could buy a bullnose bit of that size it would be quite expensive so I plan on using a round over bit (3/4'"radius) on the top and bottom to give the same effect. I could start with smaller round over bits and work my way up or is there a better way? Seems I will be going through a lot of bits cutting 350 feet with each one. And I do not have a shaper. Thanks ,JG
Sounds good to me. I don't think that will wear out a carbide bit at all. Just be sure the edge is straight and that you really keep the i/8 track for the bearing. Then a hit with a rubber sanding block should fix you up. Wilson

I think a good carbide bit will do fine for this but it couldn't hurt to have two. If you start with both of them sharp, you should get done. You could reduce the wear a little by running the tops over the table saw first with the blade tilted to 45 degrees. Trim just a little less than what the router bit will take. I would use a router table and do one top at a time hitting an end grain first, then rotating the top counter-clockwise for each cut. Move the piece as rapidly as the cutter will take material -- keeps things from overheating and leaving burn marks.
Woodchip

http://www.freudtools.com/woodworkers/rep/router_bits/Router_Bits/Round_Over/html/Round_Over_1.html
I believe that these guys have somthing you can use...
Look at the 34-140