ROUGH LUMBER CUT-OFF STAND

I've been searching for info for some non-woodworking projects. Amazing how much woodworking stuff shows up. I'm saving this one for myself, so I'm posting it here - otherwise I wouldn't bother. Apparently I'm expected to "rate", or "grade" plans, free plans I might add, that I post here. I guess if they don't pass some sort of "quality standards" test I shouldn't post them. Well, that ain't gonna happen. I will still be posting some woodworking plans, but probably just the ones I'll save for myself.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Don't let "whom-ever" get under your skin......many of us (I polled everyone in the room) appreciate your contributions to the newsgroup. You add a dash of personality and make the place a bit more of what it is. Those that wish to control each and everyone just make a very sterile boring world......Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

I second what Rod said. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

The J T entity posted thusly:

Hey, if your posts start to bug me, you'll never know, because I'll just stop reading them. I save every one, whether or not I've actually looked at the link, because I never know when I'm going to need an idea.

Keep 'em coming... the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

I'm not trying to step on your toes. I was pointing out that that one project was a poor example. There are people all over the woodworking spectrum reading this newsgroup. Surely you're not naive enough to think that every project is of equal interest to everyone.

Unless your selection process is totally random, you already _have_ rated the projects to some extent by posting them. You singled out and posted a particular project for a reason. Be so kind as to at least indicate what that reason is or for what level of woodworker it would be appropriate.

Apparently a number of people like your postings and others just skip over them. I commend you on trying to be of service, and would point out that any indication at all beyond a subject line title would help everyone, and make your service far more valuable, and for essentially no extra effort.

Some people don't like taking suggestions, think any constructive criticism is an attack and turn a deaf ear to it. Maybe you will take my suggestion to heart and maybe you won't - I don't know you well enough to know that in advance. But please, don't be so sensitive about it.

RicodJour

On 3/6/2006 10:40 AM J T mumbled something about the following:

Keep posting the projects. Even if I don't have any need for whatever you posted, about 20% of the time it does trigger something else or gives me an idea about some other project. Keep em coming.

Reply to
Odinn

sawhorses the same height, with one not as log as the other so they could be nested to butt the top rails close, or for storage.

And then you'd have two more sawhorses for whatever else you needed, rather than one specialty stand not useful for much else.

Reply to
fredfighter