Rosette cutters

Anyone here used Rosette Cutters ? Any advice / hints besides the canned warnings that came with my first arbor & cutter ? Using a Delta drill press i hope. Thanks in advance !
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Why ? Why not !) wrote in

I cut some of them for my wall unit. I used the unit from Grizzly. Worked well. Make sure that the piece is securely fastened to the drill press table. I found that I could apply a fairly high amount of pressure to hog out most of the material and then gradually decrease the pressure towards the end. I just let it barely scrape for the last 30 seconds. I was using birdseye maple and ended up with no tearout and very little sanding required once I got the hang of it. Oh, of course you want the DP on a slow speed but that's probably on the directions. It really turned out to be more foolproof than I'd have imagined. Some other obvious things to look for: 1) Make sure that the cutter blade is centered. 2) Make sure that the cutter blade is flush against the stop. Mine wasn't at first and it made a little difference in the cut quality. 3) Make sure the table is square to the chuck/arbor/etc. 4) Make sure everything is tight on the DP. You'll find out quickly if a bolt is a little loose. Matt