ROS technique

I recently mentioned that I started and stopped my ROS on the wood. This seemed to be greeted with a bit of unbelief :-). One poster stated that while some manufacturers did suggest starting on the wood, NONE suggested stopping on it.

Well, my memory has been known to be inaccurate, so I got out the manual for my Bosch 3283DVS ROS today. The following are quotes:

Page 7: Position the machine so that the entire sanding surface is resting on the workpiece. Switch the motor ON while holding sander with both hands.

Page 8: Switch the sander OFF before lifting it from the workpiece. If it is removed before the disc comes to rest, the rotating disc may produce new, unwanted marks.

So this time at least, my memory wasn't faulty :-).

BTW, it's nice to see Bosch spells "disc" the way I think it ought to be spelled - I'd given up and was using "disk" like everyone else :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

From the American Heritage Dictionary:

disc (d¹sk) n. --disc v. Variant of disk.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

tow mate tow

tow mott tow