ROS Makita or PC

My Makita ROS is dying after about a dozen years of serious use. I would like to go with a variable speed model.
My Criteria:
1. Palm-style/ergonomics... Tried Bosch D-handle, it preferable for horizontal work, but was ergonomically unacceptable for other applications
2. Variable speed.
3. Weight... lighter is better
4. Prefer H&L (I'm well aware of the tradeoffs)
5. Cost.
6. a break would be nice if it were available.
I'm considering the PC333VS and the Makita B05012K. The Makita is more is about $99 and a little less powerful, but it is significantly lighter at 2.lbs.. I often use my ROS in-place in non-horizontal positions, so a lighter tool is a big plus for me.
The PC is about $79 but it weighs in at 3.lbs..
Neither tool appears to have a break, which I think would be a nice convenience feature.
Has anyone else compared/used these models and seen a compelling reason to choose one or the other?
Thanks,
Steve
Steve, I have the Bosch palm model without the D handle and I'm very satisfied with it. Now I would never build anything wihtout my ROS.
Daniel

What advantage is there to a variable speed sander; why wouldn't you always use the highest speed.
I got a variable speed Fein Multitool, and for every application it says to use the highest speed. Sure am glad I got the VS!?

The slower speeds are handy on curved surfaces, like the radiused edges on a table top. If I were to use it at full speed it'd be too easy to create a flat spot.
Art

Someone writes:

Take a look at the 6" Bosch or the 8" Fein.
Sanding is just about the biggest PITA job I can think of doing.
IMHO, the quicker you get it done, the better.
I have beat the crap out of a 6" Bosch, and it's still running.
HTH
--
Lew