Rockwell table saw with stamped metal top?

Does anyone know if Rockwell ever made a table saw without a cast-iron top?
They made one with a stamped metal top thin stuff like autobody metal they also made a composit top somethine black looked like hard plastic but good quality stuff. These I think would have been in the 70's and early 80's about the same time they had the light green power tools they were real cheap made consumer models. Russ.

Ken Muldrew wrote:

If it was a Peace Sign Era (mid-70's/mid-80's) machine anything was possible.
Got a picture? Got a model number?
UA100

Neither. It's advertised in a local buy&sell. After reading the comments here I think I'll give it a pass. I'm just looking for a saw to use for finishing work at my brother's cabin but I don't think this is it.

Yep. Aluminum in 9 and 10, and an oddball 8 IIRC.
Consumer-grade stuff or perhaps lower. The old low grade was Homecraft here, Beaver in Canada, I believe.
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:52:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:

==============Yep MY original Tablesaw was a Rockwell 9 in and it did have a sheet metal top and egg crate extention wings... I purchased in in the early 70's... Had a direct drive motor aslo...
Bob Griffiths