Rockwell table saw with stamped metal top?

Does anyone know if Rockwell ever made a table saw without a cast-iron top?

Ken Muldrew

Russ

If it was a Peace Sign Era (mid-70's/mid-80's) machine anything was possible.

Got a picture? Got a model number?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Yep. Aluminum in 9 and 10, and an oddball 8 IIRC.

Consumer-grade stuff or perhaps lower. The old low grade was Homecraft here, Beaver in Canada, I believe.

Reply to
George

=============== Yep MY original Tablesaw was a Rockwell 9 in and it did have a sheet metal top and egg crate extention wings... I purchased in in the early 70's... Had a direct drive motor aslo...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

Neither. It's advertised in a local buy&sell. After reading the comments here I think I'll give it a pass. I'm just looking for a saw to use for finishing work at my brother's cabin but I don't think this is it.

Ken Muldrew