Rockwell Lathe Belt Change

I have a 60s vintage Rockwell 46-460 lathe that needs a new belt. Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to change the belt on this old thing?
--
Digmon

"Digmon" wrote in message
I have a 60s vintage Rockwell 46-460 lathe that needs a new belt. Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to change the belt on this old thing? ========================================================================You need to remove the spindle to change it. Look around the net for a manual.
--
Digmon

On 2/19/2013 3:41 PM, CW wrote:

--
Jeff

I agree with Jeff about using a link belt. I replaced the belt on my old Delta lathe with a linker and it worked perfectly up to the day I sold it. I did take the spindle out when I replaced the bearings but decided to repace the v-belt with a linker in the event I would ever have to replace a drive belt again. One caveat though; I never had to make any pulley changes to change speeds because I had installed a variable speed DC motor so I can't comment about whether it is easier or not to move to various pulleys. Marc

Try looking at owwm.org / vintage machines.org.
On 2/19/2013 12:58 PM, Digmon wrote:

Thanks, everyone. I have taken your advice and ordered a link belt. Unfortunately, my lathe will be down for a couple weeks until it arrives.
--
Digmon

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 03:09:07 +0000, Digmon

It takes that long for the delivery to get to you? Link belts are reasonably common. Where do you live that delivery takes that long?